Sunday 11 November 2012

V set "Intercity"

Another model that recently got decals was my modern interurban V set. I had been waiting for the Intercity decals for some time. It had to be done in white, so ALPS prints again. I will airbrush some satin clear over the decal to "blend" the decal backing film with the model.

This V set was built up from kits and I will make a dedicated post about it in the near future when it has the bogies,motors and pantographs attached.
I intend to put LED lighting in it, aswell as a DCC decoder. Connecting the LED wires through the 4 carriages is tricky but achievable.
There are current conducting couplers & mini plugs that can be used between the cars...


4 Comments:

At 30 January 2013 at 20:03:00 GMT+11 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome work mate did you make this from scratch or did you purchase these?

 
At 19 February 2013 at 23:38:00 GMT+11 , Blogger Dave said...

These are actually kits that I produced for myself. The original models were built up from laser cut parts and brass and I went on to mold and cast them and sold a few sets to fellow modellers.

 
At 2 May 2013 at 08:02:00 GMT+10 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work I love sydney electrics and hope to model a suburban scene one day.

 
At 2 May 2013 at 10:35:00 GMT+10 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great model I love the sydney suburban electric scene I hope to model like this one day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home